- June 7,8,9,10 Strawberry Park Blast from the Bayou Preston, CT. A nicely appointed campground resort, family atmosphere, 2 stages.Geno, Steve Riley, Chris Ardoin, Pine Leaf Boys, Iguanas, Travis Matte( first NE appearance?), Donna the Buffalo, & more
- June 15-17 Cajun /Zydeco fest Sunrise Resort, Moodus CT cool, laid back, old style resort, camping available. Emphasis on Zydeco, very dance orientedKeith Frank, Brian Jack, Step Rideau, Big Red & the Zydeco Playmakers, Dora & the zydeco BadBoyz,Basin Brothers and more.
- July 6-8 New Bedford Summerfest New Bedford ,MA Nice folk festival by the waterfront
- July 19-22 GreyFox Bluegrass festival, Ancramdale NY Progressive bluegrass festival in an idyllic settingSam Bush, Nickel Creek Mountain heart, Peter Rowan and much more.
- July 27-29 Lowell Folk Festival, Lowell MA Free folk festival w/ diverse international music and food.
- Aug 4-5 Newport Folk Festival, Newport RI Allman Bros, NMAS, John Butler, Grace Potter, Dirty Dozen Assembly of Dust Alison Krauss, Emmylou Harris, Alejandro Escovedo, Cheryl Wheeler & more
- Aug 9 - 12 Fall River Celebrates AmericaFall River, MA Sammy Kershaw,Dave Mason, Los Lobos, the IGUANAS, Duke Robillard and MY LONGTIME FAVORITE
- Aug 31 - Sep 2 (Labor DayWeekend) RHYTHM AND ROOTS Charlestown RI Riley, Red Stick Ramblers, Paul Cebar & the Milwaukeens,Donna the Buffalo,Los Straitjackets w/ Big Sandy & much much more multiple stages (mainstage, 2 covered dance floors, smaller workshop stage, family stage)
- Sun Sep 09 Narrows Festival of the Arts Fall River, MA *Free*Buckwheat Zydeco, Henry Butler w/ Leo Nocentelli, Slaid Cleaves & more
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
NE Summer Music Fests
With Jazzfest behind us, our New England festival season rolls in - beginning next month there are festivals almost every weekend! This is by no means an exhaustive list, but here are some of my favorites: